- December 30, 2021
- Posted by: ProActive Sewer and Drain
- Category: Curiosities, Winter
Tips for avoid pipes freeze in winter
Whether it’s that cold winter weather or an accidental turn of the faucet, frozen pipes can be a real pain.
Make sure your pipes don’t freeze this winter with do pipes freeze in winter!
Keep your pipes from freezing with these simple tips!
Did you know that exposed pipes are at risk for freezing temperatures?
Well, now you do! And if you’re like most people, you probably don’t want your pipes to freeze and cause a big mess. That’s why we’ve put together this list of simple tips to help keep your pipes from freezing.
No one wants to deal with frozen pipes, so follow our preventative tips to help keep your pipes from freezing!
By following a few simple steps, you can avoid the hassle and headache that comes with dealing with frozen pipes.
Stay warm and dry this winter season by preventing frozen pipes with this tips:
- Use pipe insulation
- Close off crawl space vents
- Seal air leaks around doors and windows
- Disconnect garden hoses
- Keep cabinet doors open during extreme cold weather
- And if all else fails, try using a Space Heater
What to do if your pipes are frozen?
If you’re dealing with frozen pipes, don’t panic! Just turn off the water and follow these thawing instructions. With a little patience, your pipes will be back to normal in no time.
- Turn the water off at the main shutoff valve.
- Turn on a faucet so that water can flow through the pipe when the ice begins melting.
- Heat the frozen section of pipe with a space heater, hairdryer, or an electric heating pad.
- Apply heat until the water pressure returns.
- Check all faucets in the house in case any other pipes have frozen.
If you’ve been dealing with frozen pipes, don’t worry – we’re here to help!
Don’t worry – just give us a call and we’ll take care of everything.
You can call us at (720) 780-0001 to request the service or make an online request from here